RockyMounts Backstage Hitch Bike Rack - 2" Hitches
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping on every purchase (Excluding Rhino Rack Cargo Boxes). Please allow 1-2 business days for your order to process. Shipping generally takes 2-5 business days. We do not ship internationally at this time. Learn More.
Rockymounts Backstage Platform-style Bike Carrier
The RockyMounts BackStage platform-style rack lets you carry 2 bikes using your vehicle's hitch. The bike trays swing-away with bikes loaded, providing maximum access to your vehicle's cargo area. The ratcheting arms and wheel cradles secure your bikes by the wheels so there's no frame contact. Pivoting rear-wheel cradles accommodate bikes of different lengths, and they're designed to hold fat bike tires up to 5" wide. Front-mounted lever allows the rack to easily tilt down with bikes loaded and fold up when not in use. Finally, the rack includes a hitch lock and cable lock to secure your bikes to the rack and the rack to your vehicle.
The BackStage features a hinged arm that lets you swing the rack away from the rear of your vehicle with your bikes still loaded. The rack extends 67" away from the hitch, providing maximum access to your vehicle's rear cargo area. This eliminates the need to unload the bikes or remove the rack when you're loading or unloading cargo or letting your dogs hop in or out of the back.
To open the hinged arm, simply turn the T-handle until it's loose, pull the spring-loaded pin, and swing the rack away from the rear of the vehicle. The arm will lock into place once it's fully extended so your hands are free to open your hatch and remove cargo.
To close the rack, pull the inner spring pin and swing the bike trays back into position. The spring pin will click when the rack is fully closed. Finally, tighten the T-handle to completely secure the rack.
The front-mounted easy release lever allows a single person to both tilt the rack down and fold it up with ease. The rack tilts down 30 degrees with or without bikes loaded for convenient access to your vehicle's rear cargo area. This is great for cramped parking lots where you might not have room to swing the rack out, or when you're in a hurry and don't have time to go through the process of extending and retracting the swing arm.
The lever also lets you fold the rack up for storage when you're not transporting a bike. This is great for parking in places where space is limited such as a parking garage.
The rack allows you to quickly and easily load and carry 2 bicycles on the back of your vehicle. The ratcheting arms securely hold your bikes by the front wheels so there's no frame contact. Simply push the button on the hook and slide it firmly into place over your front wheel. Each wheel hook is coated for grip and work with tire diameters up to 29".
The pivoting rear-wheel cradles allow the rack to accommodate bikes with wheelbases up to 48" long. The cradles include ratcheting, rubber straps to hold your bikes' rear wheels securely in place on the tray.
The BackStage also comes with wheel strap extensions that attach to the standard ratcheting straps to increase the usable length and secure wider tires. This allows the cradles to hold fat bike tires up to 5" wide.
The front and back bike trays adjust 3" side to side to ensure you have enough space when loading your bikes. Just loosen the 4 bolts where the tray attaches to the bottom of the rack, slide the trays left or right to achieve the desired spacing, and then tighten the bolts. This will prevent your bikes' handlebars from becoming tangled, and it eliminates the fear of bike-to-bike contact during transport.
- Hitch-mounted, platform-style rack carries up to 2 bikes on the back of your vehicle
- Swing-away design allows you to access your rear cargo area without removing bikes from rack
- Hinged arm at base swings rack out and away from the rear of your vehicle
- Versatile design fits most bikes regardless of frame design, suspension, or brake style
- Front-mounted, easy-release lever allows a single person to tilt and fold the rack
- Tilt the rack down with or without bikes loaded for access to rear cargo area
- Fold the rack up for storage
- Ratcheting hooks on pivoting upright arms hold your bikes securely by the front wheels - no frame contact
- Large front- and rear-wheel cradles make it easy to load bikes
- Pivoting rear-wheel cradles with ratcheting straps adjust to fit bikes of most lengths
- Deep wheel cradles and extra-long wheel straps accommodate fat bike tires up to 5" wide
- Adjustable bike trays slide 3" side to side to optimize bike spacing
- Quick and easy installation with hand knob and threaded anti-rattle hitch pin
- Slide rack into receiver, insert hitch pin, and tighten with included tool
- Included lock system deters theft of the rack and your bikes
- Hitch lock secures rack to your vehicle
- Cable lock secures your bikes to the rack
- Durable steel and aluminum construction with black powder coat finish is rust-resistant
- Application: 2" x 2" trailer hitch receivers
- Carrying capacity: 2 bicycles
- Weight capacity: 60 lbs per bike
- Wheel diameter: 20" - 29"
- Maximum tire width: 5"
- Maximum wheelbase: 48"
- Distance between bicycles: 12"
- Distance from center of hitch pin hole to:
- Closest part of rack when folded down: 9-1/2"
- Closest part of rack when folded up: 7"
- Farthest part of rack when folded down: 34"
- Farthest part of rack when folded up: 19"
- Carrier weight: 75 lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
Once your order is placed, expect it to ship within 2-3 business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com. We will respond promptly. If your order is not in stock we will contact you with possible wait times for you to receive your product.
- Orders received before 12 pm Pacific time will ship same day
- Shipping times may vary if product ships via freight. Please give 1-2 business days for processing.
- All items in stock unless noted.
- Orders to Ft. Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs & other towns along I-70 & I-25 will arrive the next business day with free shipping
- Orders received by 3 pm Mountain Time will ship the same day
- Shipping times may vary if product ships via freight. Please give 2-4 business days for processing.
Cancellations, Refunds & Exchanges:
If you are unhappy with your purchase you have 365 days to choose to return your products for a refund. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for the return shipping charges plus a 15% restocking fee. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
If you would like to exchange your purchase for something different, a 15% restocking fee may occur and depends upon the details of your exchange.
If you would like to process a refund, please email Info@motherloderoofracks.com for more information. In most cases, we will need to create a return ID for you to receive your refund.
Do not send packages to our address.
Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date we will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitor's website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Match Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offer are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitor's website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
We Also Recommend