The Shaper 100 cargo basket is a lightweight option for transporting gear on your roof. It maximizes your cargo-carrying capacity, and it keeps damp or dirty gear out of your vehicle's interior. The aerodynamic shape helps to reduce drag and wind noise, and the low-profile design and flat cargo area make it easy to load gear. The basket installs in the T-slots of your aero-style crossbars to create a sleek look. And it's constructed of aluminum with a black powder coat finish so it won't rust if you leave it on your roof.
The Shaper 100 front panel works like a fairing to direct air up and over the basket. This reduces drag and wind noise as you drive. And the basket sits flush with the top of your crossbars to create a low profile.
The basket has tapered side walls that allow you to easily load your gear. The floor is made of flat panels that make it easy to shift and properly position cargo.
You can secure your gear to the basket with straps, rope, or a cargo net (sold separately). If using a cargo net, attach the net hooks to the bottoms of the side walls or the front and rear panels. Straps or ropes should be routed under the basket and around your cargo to secure it in place.
The Shaper 100 mounts easily to the channels - or T-slots - in the tops of your crossbars. To install the basket, remove your crossbar endcaps and slide the included square-head bolts into the top channels. Adjust the bolts along the channels until they line up with the mounting brackets on the bottom of the basket, then simply secure the brackets to the bolts.
Rubber pads are included to cushion the bottom of the basket where it rests on your crossbars. This will protect the crossbars from scratches and help to reduce road noise.
- Vertical panel provides significant noise reduction
- This attachment can be mounted only to the T-SLOT equipped Aero Base Bar
- A stylish installation is assured with the unexposed mounting bracket located under the bar
- Product Weight – 17.4 lbs (7.9kg)
- Max. Load – 110 lbs (50kg)
- Exterior Dimensions – 46 5/8″ x 41 7/8″ x 3″ (1,185 x 1,065 x 75mm)
- Interior Dimensions – 41 3/8″ x 39 3/8″ x 2 1/8″ (1,050 x 1,000 x 55mm)
- Limited Life Time Warranty